2018 Cloud Peak Fellows
- Cornell University ALS (environmental engineering): Fariz Kabir, Franklin Delano Roosevelt High School, Brooklyn, New York
- Harvard University: Luz Ramirez, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Swarthmore College: Brinton Vandegrift, Riverdale High School, Fort Myers, Florida
- Vassar College: Lonnie Vigil, STRIVE Prep-SMART Academy, Denver, Colorado and (HS)2, Carbondale, Colorado
- Yale University (selected for first year Directed Studies Program): Laura Palacio, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
2017 Cloud Peak Fellows
- Amherst College: Yordi De Leon, Dunbar High School, Fort Myers, Florida
- Cornell University ALS (biology): Catherine Martinez, Park Vista Community High School, Lake Worth, Florida
- Cornell University Human Ecology: Daniela Rochez, Dunbar High School, Fort Myers, Florida
- Cornell University Human Ecology: Sophia (Xiaoyu) Duan, FDR High School, Brooklyn, New York
- Dartmouth College: Sirajum Munira, FDR High School, Brooklyn, New York
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering: Christopher (C.J.) Lather, Fort Myers, Florida
- Harvard University: YiFan Chen, Palm Beach Gardens High School, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Harvard University: Raul Robles, HS(2) Program at the Colorado Rocky Mountain School (CRMS), Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Magnet School, Dallas, Texas
- Lehigh University: Shayra Delgado, Dunbar High School, Fort Myers, Florida
- Middlebury College: Clara Loftis, Park Vista Community High School, Lake Worth, Florida
- NYU Engineering: David Mardakhayev, FDR High School, Brooklyn, New York
- Stony Brook University (SUNY): Kurdeen Joseph, Abraham Lincoln High School, Brooklyn, New York
- Stony Brook University (SUNY) Jianfeng Peng, FDR High School, Brooklyn, New York
- Stanford University: John Okhiulu, HS(2) Program at the Colorado Rocky Mountain School ((CRMS), Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Magnet School, Dallas, Texas
- Vassar College: Bryan Smith, The Lusher School, New Orleans, Louisiana
2016 Cloud Peak Fellows
- Tyler Millis, Dunbar High School, Fort Myers, FL, MIT (also accepted to Harvard)
- Nahisha Alabre, Dunbar High School, Cornell University Human Ecology
- Judah Bertolotti, Dunbar High School, Cornell University Human Ecology
- Bennett Hunter, Dunbar High School, Grinnell College
- Lisi Maria Moreno, Island Coast High School, Cape Coral, FL, University of Florida
- Eric Garcia, Immokalee High School, Immokalee, Florida, Cornell University Hotel Administration
- J’djouna Pierre, Immokalee High School, University of Florida
- Fritznick Thelusca, Palm Beach Gardens High School, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, Duke University Engineering (also accepted to US Naval Academy)
- Santiago Ospina, Park Vista Community High School, MIT (also accepted to Princeton, Yale, Columbia)
- Melanie Lam, Park Vista Community High School, Emory University, Oxford College (Early Decision)
- Tsun Fung (John) Lam, Abraham Lincoln High School deferred admission for one year to Cornell University School of Agriculture, Animal Science; will go to Syracuse University for first year.
- Ilyas Tezekbaev, FDR High School, Brooklyn, NY, Amherst College
- Yan Lin Chen, FDR High School, Lehigh University
- Xiao Han Jiang, FDR High School, Cornell University Arts and Sciences
- Malika Jones, Gill St. Bernard’s School, Gladstone, New Jersey, Barnard College (Early Decision)
2015 Cloud Peak Fellows
From Park Vista Community High School in Lake Worth, Florida
1. Thuyet (Tyler Dao) attends Stanford University in California.
2. Zain Talukdar attends Swarthmore College. During junior year, he was admitted to University of Rochester Medical School
3. Therese Tran attends Middelbury College.
From Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn, New York
1. Nikita Samsonov attends MIT in Massachusetts
2. Solomiya Petlyak attends Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania
3. Onur Calikusu received some services from Cloud Peak, and attends Columbia University.
From Dunbar High School in Fort Myers, Florida:
1. Dariel Padilla attends Swarthmore College in Pennslyvania
2. Regine Cooper attends Colgate University
3. Rex Gonzales attends Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore
4. Melissa Boneta Olivares graduated early from Nova Southeastern University in Florida, and now works as a writer in advertising.
From Island Coast High School in Cape Coral Florida
1. Dario Labrada attended Grinnell College,
From Immokalee High School in Immokalee, Florida:
1. Regine Francois attends Columbia University in New York.
2. Efrain Gonzales attends University of Florida
3. Alfredo Villalobos Perez attends Grinnell College.
From Staten Island Technical High School in New York City, Veronica Brusilovski (not pictured) received some services from Cloud Peak, and attends Columbia University.
2014 Cloud Peak Fellows
Abraham Lincoln High School, Brooklyn, New York
1. Iram Asghar will attend Middlebury College in Vermont
2. Masha Ikromova will attend Barnard College at Columbia University, where she will study pre-med.
3.Joseph Nelzy will attend Cornell University where he will major in pre-med.
4. Jayson Vivas will attend University of Richmond in Richmond, Virginia.
Dunbar High School, Fort Myers, Florida,
1. Jonathan Amezquita will attend Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota.
2. Mathew Thomas will attend University of Florida.
Fort Myers High School, Fort Myers, Florida
1. Wahay Frenot will attend Grinnell College, in Grinnell, Iowa.
Island Coast High School in Cape Coral, Florida
1. Brandon Rodriguez will attend Emory University in Atlanta Georgia, where he plans to study business.
2. Morgan Whitman will attend Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, often referred to as “the Harvard of the Christian colleges”.
3.Mario Alvarenga will attend University of Central Florida
4. Anna (Thuong) Nguyen will attend University of South Florida on a full merit scholarship. From
Lehigh High School in Lehigh Acres Florida,
1. Daniela Cossio will attend Skidmore College in New York, 2.
2.Anthony Napodano will attend the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Park Vista Community High School in Lake Worth Florida,
1.Nhat Nguyen will attend MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
1.Nathaly Santana from Island Coast High School in Cape Coral, Florida attends Barnard College, part of Columbia University.
2. Noribeth Cubias from Island Coast High School attends Bryn Mawr in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
3. Janeil Dennis from Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn, New York attends Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.
4. Eric Conner from Dunbar High School in Fort Myers, Florida attends Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota.
5. Janessa Gonzalez from Island Coast High School attends Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont.
6. Lena Khudoyazarova, valedictorian at Abraham Lincoln High School, attends Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Four students are attending University of Florida, the flagship university of the state of Florida. Shantyria Jacob from Dunbar High School received the Machen Florida Opportunities Scholarship from UF, which provides outstanding financial aid. The other Fellows who choose UF are Julian Toyloy Stanton also from Dunbar High School, and Evelyn Drysdale and Jessica Rossi from Island Coast. Zack Horn, a student from Island Coast High School, attends Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona, Florida.
2012 Cloud Peak Project worked with four Cloud Peak Fellows in 2012, three from Island Coast High School in Cape Coral, Florida, and one from HSMSE (High School of Math Science and Engineering) in New York City. 2012 Fellows were accepted to outstanding colleges and universities, including Bryn Mawr, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, Grinnell College, Hamilton College, Macalester College, MIT, Occidental College, Scripps College, Skidmore College, Swarthmore College, University of Richmond, Vassar College, Wesleyan University, and University of Richmond,and additionally, Florida State University and University of Florida. Maria Soto (Island Coast 2012) attends Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where she studies pre-med and majors in chemistry. Maria interned under the supervision of Dr. Georgia Hodes, neuroscience post-doctoral fellow at Mt. Sinai Medical School during the summer after her first year, and during the summer after her sophomore year shadowed a doctor at Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers, Florida. Joshua Acosta (HSMSE 2012 valedictorian) attends MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he studies mechanical engineering. Joshua has interned with the NYC Metropolitan Transportation Agency, where he went underground to experience new subway construction. During the summer after his sophomore year, Joshua worked at New Valence Robotics, an MIT start-up in 3D printing technology. Elayne Medina, 2012 Cloud Peak Fellow from Island Coast High School attends University of Florida where she majors in engineering. 2011 In the 2011 graduating class at Island Coast High School, Cloud Peak Project worked with senior Hellen Barroso. Hellen has now graduated from Grinnell 2015 with a BA in Biological Chemistry. She is employed by Teach for America, and will teach high school chemistry in Miami. Hellen was fourth in her high school class, played the flute, and was president of the Key Club. She is a Cuban refugee who arrived in the US when she was 5 years old. Hellen, who is fluent in Spanish, was inspired by her disabled younger brother to study to become a medical doctor specializing in neurology, inspired by a disabled younger brother. Hellen’s optimism, hard work, sense of purpose, ambition, and strength of will made her an excellent candidate. Hellen has now finished her junior year at Grinnell, where she is a biochemistry major, and also co-manages Grinnell Social Entrepreneurs, and independent non-profit. She serves as a mentor at the Grinnell Science Project, a groundbreaking program that helps women, minorities, and first generation college students succeed in majoring in the sciences or mathematics. Hellen’s summer internships medical research experience at Mt. Sinai Medical School in New York City in the neurology research laboratory of Dr. Charles Mobbs, and Grinnell College provided an additional scholarship to fund this internship. During the summer after her junior year, Hellen has been selected for a “MAP” Mentor Advanced Project working with Grinnell chemistry professor Dr. Heriberto Hernandez. MAP research projects at Grinnell are designed to create an academic or scholarly work that is the capstone of an undergraduate academic career, with an audience broader than the instructor and a class. Grinnell values undergraduate research.
Cloud Peak Fellow Hellen Barroso visits Barnard College
2010 Cloud Peak Project began in 2010 with Luis Ramirez at Island Coast High School in Cape Coral, Florida, with the inspiration of guidance counselor Mrs. Susan Shoemaker.
In June 2014, Luis graduated from Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania with a B.A. in computer science and a minor in biology. He is now employed by the largest computer security consulting firm in United States as an Associate Engineer. Luis’s internships were at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NEST) in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Luis also worked in a medical research laboratory at Mt. Sinai Medical School in New York. During summer 2011, Luis worked at Swarthmore as a computer systems administrator. During the summer after junior year, Luis interned in a research lab in Virginia, where he reverse engineered an Android malware virus.